Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Finish Seminary

I have been in seminary at Detroit Baptist Theological Seminary for 6 years now. I have only taken between 2 to 6 credits a semester, and I sat out a semester when Adelina was born. Sitting out really set me back because a lot of classes build on each other, and are only offered on certain semesters. If I knew that at the time I was deciding to sit out, I probably would have just bit the bullet and continued. 

Needless to say, I have started becoming serious about classes. I think if I take 8 credits a semester, I should be able to finish in close to 3 years. So...that is what I am going to try to do. 

Spring semester 2009

Pastoral Leadership - It is a class that helps you prepare for the ministry. Yes I know I am already in the ministry, but I have to take the class anyway. I am sure I am not doing everything right, and could always use help to become better. 

Greek Exegesis of Colossians  - Guess what I will probably be speaking on soon in youth group. It is a class that I will exegete the whole book, parsing every verbal, and outlining every paragraph. I have to write 1-5 pages single space every week, as well as a 20 page paper by the end of the semester on the different between the old/new man.

Homiletics 1 - This is how to preach. It is taught by Dave Doran who is a great preacher, and the pastor at Inter-city Baptist Church. I am very excited about this class. 

Old Testament Historical Books - The explanation is in the title of the class. Good information, just a boring class. 

No comments: